Our strength is that we never stop striving for the best, in everything: we are at the forefront in researching new materials, studying innovative solutions, focusing on the environment and exploiting resources… We couldn’t be any less inclusive.
Our company operates worldwide, we have branches in practically all continents and the concept of ‘internationalisation’ is our daily bread. We have always worked in contact with different people and cultures and have no difficulty in approaching them: it comes naturally to us!
We are therefore delighted to have been awarded BEE certification for our TeMa South Africa division.
What is it and how does it work?
Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment, or B-BBEE, is a South African government initiative that encourages businesses to integrate more black citizens into all jobs, from employees to entrepreneurs, and reduce inequality in income.
The assessment is made based on 5 parameters:
- Ownership: voting rights and shareholding in the company
- Management control: members in management roles and voting rights with control over the board of directors
- Skills development: learning opportunities for developing new skills
- Enterprise development: support and development of small businesses run by black people
- Socio-economic development: corporate investment in economic and social initiatives.
Each parameter is assigned a value that creates the final percentage score, which is used to assign the category level. There are 8 of them, proceeding in descending order: 1 is the level with the highest score, 8 with the lowest score.
We aim to improve further in order to reach the highest level.
Click here to find out more.