It is a pleasure to make use of a terrace or a balcony. There is no lack of opportunities, whether it is just for relaxing or enjoying the space for dinners and gatherings with friends, with the added bonus of the scenery. Moreover, due to the pandemic, in recent months we have rediscovered these small “islands” and have exploited them as never before.
They are clearly one of the areas in the home most affected by temperature changes: heat and frost, damp, rain and sometimes hail can undermine the integrity of the flooring system. Water seepage and, above all, temperature changes can quickly damage tiled surfaces, and cracks and detachment are the first signs of disintegration. Flooring applied over a screed that has not yet settled will lead to cracks, also in tiles.
We can find even greater pleasure in making use of a terrace or a balcony when we can do it without any worries, confident in the beauty and safety of all its parts. Therefore when building terraces and balconies, some products are used to perform the most important functions. These are:
- No-Crack, the anti-crack disconnecting system that neutralises underlying tensions and prevents them from reaching tiles;
- T-K-NW and T-K-Net, which drain rainwater and protect the waterproof layer;
- T-Bandel, which seals joints between panels, making them waterproof.
TeMa Interior Solutions has devised a high-performance system to guarantee the durability of intervention work and the aesthetic qualities envisaged during the design stage, all in the shortest possible time.
Let’s analyse the benefits.
First and foremost, the system is easy to apply using lightweight materials that are easy to cut. The time frame is very quick: when renovating, it is often an advantage to have materials and solutions available that do not involve downtime in intervention works.
TeMa Interior Solutions has designed ultra-fast under-tile applications so you do not need to wait for about a month for the cement to harden and you can lay the flooring after a couple of days.
The ceramic tile or stone cladding (synthetic or natural) can be directly applied to the membrane using standard cementitious adhesive.
• All the products used have reduced thicknesses that do not occupy space on terraces and balconies.
• After treatment, the surface is entirely renewed.
• The underlying substrate always remains protected and dry.
• As the system is not affected by temperature changes, but can tolerate them well, it is also a feasible solution during the winter season.
• It is important to avoid prolonged exposure to UV rays.
TeMa places great importance on the environment, therefore no hazardous substances are released into groundwater or the subsoil during installation.
Furthermore, the materials are odourless and do not develop gases that are toxic for indoor or outdoor air, or volatile organic compounds (VOC).
Visit this page to learn more.